Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1) Lately I've really been loving listening to Kellan singing the Pirates of the Caribbean song around the house. I'll miss that little voice when he heads to preschool.

2) We just had a garage sale on Saturday. I spent hours and hours the last few weeks sorting through our junk. Good news: We can now walk in our shed! No more boxes of outgrown toys and clothes being stored. And this morning I even noticed that I was surprised to walk in the back dungeon part of our basement and see the floor. I love getting rid of stuff. Too bad I like to shop too!

3) Jas and I just sat down with the calendar. It is looking like a busy fall. Good busy though. Uff. Makes me tired just thinking about it!

4) We have a NTMA guy staying with us this week. I should actually say a NTMA friend! Tomorrow night is dinner at our house with the students while Doug is in town.

5) I'm starting to feel like the gluten free diet has been a blessing in disguise. I feel so much better about what we are eating. It is nice to walk into the grocery store or Costco and just shop the periphery. I've been discovering new recipes and have started to enjoy cooking just a little bit more :-)

6) On that note - I have been thoroughly disgusted as I've started reading food labels. The next time you go to the grocery store, try looking at the ingredients in sour cream. It's now a dollop of Daisy for this family!

7) I'm getting an itch to redecorate something in the house. I think Kellan's room is next on my list. Jason is going on a 10 day trip in September, which means that it is play time!! Last year while he was gone I redid the basement. Just something about the hubby being gone that gets the creative juices flowing!

8) Did I mention that I'm ready for school to start?

9) Today it is back to the orthodontist for a new mouth guard. Hopefully this will help more than the last one. I've been waking up lately with my jaw locked up. Not fun.

10) Off to do some more back to school shopping with the kids today.

Hope you have a lovely Tuesday!

1 comment:

Two Guys and a Girl said...

A note about the sour cream. Try using Greek Yogurt instead... it's way healthier and my family never knew I changed to yogurt until I told them. Costco sells the Fage brand of Greek Yogurt.
Sarah Verhoeven