Tuesday, March 05, 2013

i can

This year has definitely thrown things into my path that I thought I could not do.  And I've had to get over telling myself that I couldn't do them.

For example, either my children repeat a grade or I quit telling myself that I can't do the home school thing, put my big girl pants on, get my act together and carry on.  I had to find a way to make it happen.

Quite honestly, I don't think this happens to me very often at home.  There are so many ways to get around doing things that I don't really want to do. Or think I can't do.  There are so many supports that are just not available over here.

This year has been a real challenge to the CAN'Ts that I have set up in my mind.  It has completely amazed me how different things are when I realize that I don't have to repeat "I can't" over and over in my mind and instead tell myself "I can" and then figure out how to make it happen.



























I can be my child's advocate.  I can deal with her reading disability.  I can help unlock her dyslexic brain.






























I can take care of myself and push myself in new ways.  I never thought I would EVER be a runner, here I am. It's been slow going, but at least it's going.



1 comment:

Grandma V said...

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!