Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Jumpy

I have been so jumpy the last few days. I guess it started when a centipede came crawling out of the top of my stove. I took a pan off of the burner to wash it and there it was. It went crawling back down under the stove top (which I can't open to get at it) before I could kill it. Then later that night, I opened the silverware drawer and a roach came dashing out and into another cabinet. It showed up later that night on the wall and it was so big I thought for a minute that it must have been some kind of enormous beetle. I managed to kill him with some bug spray. Then the next day I reached into a drawer in the office to get a piece of paper and almost grabbed a big wolf spider. AGH! Too many bugs in this house.

So now the last few days, I wear shoes around the house, don't reach into any drawers right away and look before I touch anything. It makes me so JUMPY! I've even been scaring myself with my own shadow. I know in a few days I'll probably be back to normal, but for now it is jump, jump, jump.

No comments: