Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Trippin it to Seattle



For my 30th birthday, I decided I wanted to take a weekend trip to Seattle. I had been telling Jason this for months. I had originally envisioned a romantic getaway weekend, but as the summer flew by, it seemed that a girls trip would be much easier as I wouldn't have to make any arrangements for the house, the food or the kids for the whole weekend and could just leave my dear sweet husband in charge. Too bad the grandparents don't live closer. I think he was a little disappointed that I was leaving him behind, but was still excited for me to go.


So, my friend Stacey and I left our hubbies at home with the kids for the weekend and had a fun weekend in Seattle. We did a little bit of sight seeing, did some shopping (yea for big malls and DSW shoes!) ate some great meals and had a great time.

Meanwhile poor dear hubby ended up with 2 kids with strep throat over the weekend. I felt kinda bad knowing that I was kicking up my heels having fun while he was at home playing nurse.

We went to Pikes Place Market on a Saturday (which I think was during the hottest weekend of the summer throughout the whole of WA.) The place was packed and it was hot. It kinda gave me flashbacks of the Philippines - hot and crowded places.














We went on an underground tour of Seattle which was fascinating. Brought out the history buff in me. Almost had a panic attack down there too. Too stale and hot!



Love the old architecture of the city








And I love my new shoes!

1 comment:

Shilo said...

Great seeing you today! Love the new shoes and the berry pics too! :)