Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Inspired

Here are a few pictures of my newly created garland inspired by Nesting Place. I love, love, LOVE this blog. Nester's mantra of "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful" has inspired me to try new things around my house, including sewing new pillows for the basement, which is now is now in the process of becoming more beautiful (while certainly not perfect!). It has given me new creative energy to work through the house one room at a time to finish all of the decorating that I started when we moved in but never finished. Thanks Nester!

I bought a new pre-lit garland at Costco, a wimpy one at Michaels to add some oomph, and a few pieces of greenery to add some character.

Here is a not so perfect picture of my new garland in the living room

The sprigs of eucalyptus combined with the red berries are my favorite

looks like my candles aren't perfectly straight. oh well!
I love the middle with all of the red

I had to throw in a few stars for fun

On another note, I've decided that this rusty star is my favorite ornament this year. It was a little rusty when I bought it, but the rust grew while we were in the Philippines. I think the rust makes it all the more beautiful, adds more character. Kind of makes me think of my life. A little more rust, a little more character, a little more beauty.

19 comments:

Sara Weber said...

I think it's beautiful. I really hope that we can some visit you and your home someday.

Denise K. said...

Very beautiful! I think your garland is gorgeous and so is your tree! Merry Christmas! :-)

edie said...

It's all beautiful.....love the candlesticks.

Decor To Adore said...

What a darling garland!

Jacob said...

Life is beautiful, rust and all! I love your comment about the ornament! Your garland is outstanding and the whole living room looks great! Thanks for sharing this!
Merry Christmas!
-Kim

(Please ignore the gecko photo --my son uses this account!)

Lamp Tramp said...

It's all so beautiful. I love the natural elements, the way you've put them together is stunning, Miss Martha Stewart, you must be!
Lamp Tramp

Shilo said...

As soon as I saw the picture, I wondered to myself if you were a Nesting Place follower too! :) It looks sooooooooooooo beautiful, Jen! You have such a good touch.
I'm so happy for you that you have your own home now and can decorate to your hearts content. God is good!

Amy said...

How beautiful! I love the candlesticks over the garland. Looks great!

Miss G said...

You did a GREAT job on your garland! It looks wonderful! I really like that star too and your words about it. Thanks for sharing. Kelly

Erika said...

Gorgeous! The eucalyptus (sp?) adds a nice touch!

Unknown said...

Your whole living room is BEAUTIFUL! It's the ornaments like your star that end up meaning so much. Great job on your garland, and the rest of your decorations.

The Smith Family said...

Wow, that garland is beautiful! Love the candles and candlesticks too! You take such great pics!

This Little Hen said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, and I love that shot of the candles from the side. Looks like it belongs in a magazine. :)

Shilo said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Did you see that your picture was the first one on Nesters post about the garlands???????????????
Woooooooooohoooooooooooooooo, Jen!

Todd and Julie said...

Wow, Jen - I thought your Thanksgiving decor was just great...your Christmas garland and tree are fabulous and very cheery! After Shilo's very excited comment, I had to go to Nesting Place, too -- and your garland was my favorite. That's pretty cool that she used your picture! Maybe this will launch you as an interior designer, who knows??? :)

Margo said...

Beautiful! The personal touch makes it amazing, and I love hearing about your favorite parts! Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Awww it is very beautiful!! I love it all. Merry Christmas!!

Aunt Susan said...

Beautiful. Loved the photos as well as the garland and prose. I am impressed and depressed since i had to hire help with my decorating this year. You are an awesome woman in my family.