Thursday, October 15, 2009

Something old something new

Today I was super bored and couldn't STAND the thought of cleaning so decided to take a creative brake from the routine. I had bounced around in blogland earlier this week and was inspired by this refashioned shirt. So I pulled out a few shirts from the junk I had to take to Goodwill and made this beauty.

I cut up a white shirt that I bought on clearance a few years ago that had 3 Christmas trees on the front for the base shirt and then cut the petals out of a longsleeve blue shirt that somehow got bleached out in the wash. I made sure to stitch petals over the Christmas trees and used some purple thread to give it a little punch. I think it turned out pretty good and should be a fun addition to my somewhat boring wardrobe. Throw on a black sweater and now it's an outfit!

p.s. - I took 126 pictures to try and get a good one to post and you can see how many good ones that I got. Maybe I need that point and shoot that has the screen on the front of the camera!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Okay, so trying not to envy you!

Margo said...

You are gorgeous Jen! Great work on the t-shirt, what a neat idea!

Shilo said...

I have been seeing these tutorials and thinking about how much I wish I could sew! You look so great!!!!

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God." - Jim Elliot said...

very cute!!! i love your blog!!
Hope yall are doing well!
Jenise