Thursday, October 01, 2009

Summer Camping

Okay, I've totally given up on trying to catch up blogging this summer. But before I moved on I did want to share a few pictures of our first ever family camping trip. We traveled an hour and a half north east of here to a beautiful lake in Idaho. It was a lovely campground, the weather was perfect and we all had a blast!
I think we should do lots more camping. Jason was in his element and I mostly got to sit around and relax and watch him doing stuff like this:





We went for a walk down this trail and as you can see I had my pants rolled up. As we were walking back a gigantic grasshopper jumped up the bottom of my pants. Panic would not adequately describe what I was feeling. I tried to shake him out, but this only encouraged him to jump in the only direction he was facing which was up. I managed to stop him as he got to about my knee, but then I was faced with a decision. If he wasn't going to go down, then how would I get him out of my pants? I considered many things, one of which was to try and take my pants off while holding onto the grasshopper through my jeans, but I didn't enough guts to drop my pants on a path and not enough skill to wriggle out of them while holding him. So it seemed that the only option was to smash him and kill him while he was in my pants. After that, I managed to shake him out of my pants and then had to think about the grasshopper guts that I got to wear in my pants for the next 2 days. Lovely. That was the worst of our trip though, so overall, not too much to complain about!


Beautiful lake Pond Orielle


Maizy enjoying the water for the first time.









1 comment:

Margo said...

Looks like so much fun! Kids seem to love camping because they can get as dirty as they want. :) Awesome pictures as usual!