Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another case of "What in the world was I thinking?"

I've been looking around for awhile for a chair that I could use when I'm taking pictures. Something vintage/retro old fashioned with some cool character. Yesterday I drug the kids into the Goodwill store and after admiring a chair that had potential (that was $70 - wait, I'm in a thrift store right???)

I saw this baby as we were leaving the store. I LOVE it. I love all of the tufting and the buttons. I even kinda like the color, but wouldn't ever want my kids to sit on that nastiness. In a moment of insanity, I thought I could possibly do the kind of magic that my mother could do with recovering chairs and I bought it. For a whopping $8.

Then I drug the kids to the fabric store and bought some beautiful red fabric. I brought it home and started to pull it apart and what I discovered is that I might have a potential disaster on my hands. However, I am determined to turn it into something beautiful, if for no other reason, than to know that I don't have another unfinished project sitting in my basement. I figure if all else fails, I'll have to have my mom guide me while on the video cam through Skype.

tufting love

Poor worn out baby

steal deal

2 comments:

Shilo said...

Great bones! You know I can't wait to see what you come up with! :) Especially if it is red!

Todd and Julie said...

Way to go, Jen! You are much braver than I -- hope it turns out great!