Monday, June 11, 2012

sticky sweaty mess




This is a test.  If you answer the questions correctly consider yourself a genius.

Jason is sweaty because he:
a) was in a 1 hour wrestling match with an elephant
b) walked from Phoenix to the Mexican border in June
c) rearranged a few items in our suitcases, weighed them on a scale and loaded them into a van. In Manila.

Jen's shirt is full of sweat because she:
a) worked out in the yard pulling weeds all afternoon
b) sat in the sauna at the gym for the health of her complexion
c) took a shower, put her hair in a ponytail, put on her makeup, and made herself an iced coffee.

The heat and the humidity is one of the hardest things to deal with here.  Jason looks pretty close to the pictures above when he comes home from baking in the hangar all day.  Good thing this guy knows to stay hydrated.

It's hard to crawl into bed at night into limp damp sheets.  It's hard to be close to the kids because they feel so sticky.  They stick to my sticky self when they try to cuddle up.  I can hardly put my hair into a pony tail because my hair sticks to my back and my arms when I try to pull it up and then sticks to my hands and fingers when I try to wrap it into the rubber band.  I feel like I can hardly move because I stick to myself just moving around the house.

We're starting to figure out key strategic times to run the air con unit in our apartment.  I need it when I get out of the shower and try and get ready in the morning.  I can't handle feeling sticky 35 seconds after I dry off.  Jason needs it when he gets home from work.  He needs a little cool down time after sweating it out all day, which works great for me to have it going while I'm fixing dinner too.  Thankfully, it has been cool enough to leave the windows open and the fans blowing during the night.  Electricity is almost 4 times what it costs in the States though so we try to be mindful of how much we use.  Ugh!  I think I might try to get a job at one of the local nice hotels at the air conditioned front desk and just keep the kids hidden under the counter!

It's quite the adjustment especially considering the high was in the 50s last week in Spokane.  Good thing we're so tough!  HA!

No comments: