Wednesday, June 13, 2012

mirielle's world

Mirielle has turned into an island girl since we've moved here.  

The mosquitoes especially love me.  I have more bites then the whole family combined. They itch and itch like crazy!  Sometimes it is hard to go to sleep because I can't stop scratching them. 

There are lots of fun things to explore.  I found a great place to hide from my brother in this big basket that is on our porch.




The guest house where we are staying has lots of fun things to do.  This is the perfect tree to practice surfing on.  I love the rope swing and the hammock too.




It is crazy hot here but we find ways to stay cool.  There is always a fan blowing somewhere.  Every once in a while the power gets turned off and then it gets really hot! 




This weekend we got to go to the beach.  It was a fun way to forget the heat.  I learned how to boogie board while we were at the beach.  I could stay in the water all day!









Today I'm going down to the hangar to help my dad wash the plane.  It is one way I can get out of some school work with my mom.

I found this can of squid at the grocery store here.  There are lots of weird things that you can find at the store here.  Big whole fish with their heads still on, pigs feet, and lots of other things that you don't see at home.  

One of my favorite things I've done since we've been in the Philippines was going to a mall where they sold all kinds of pearls.  I shopped and shopped and finally picked these out as my favorite.  














And now that I've been getting some sun on my face, I even look like I have a few freckles.  My mom thinks they are super cute.

3 comments:

The Moffits said...

She's so tall and beautiful now!

Grandma V said...

Oh my, Mirielle! You are more beautiful than ever. It warms a grandma's heart to know you're finding fun away from home. Before you know it the year will be over! What stories you will have to tell your grandchildren some day....."when I was nine like you....."
Love you lots!

Monica said...

So glad I found your blog! Mirelle looks more grown up already!