Friday, June 02, 2006

Early Mornings

I guess early mornings come with being a mom. Lately is seems like my early mornings come with being married to a pilot. If there is one thing that I can't live without , it is a shower in the morning. Some mornings I try and get a shower in before Jason leaves the house. Sometimes I just can't drag myself out of bed early enough in the morning.

Yesterday Jason got up at 4:30 and left the house at 5:10. I woke up at 5:30 thinking I could sneak in a shower with the kids being asleep. As soon as I opened the door to my bedroom Mirielle was up. I talked her into crawling into my bed and trying to get back to sleep so that I could get a shower and while I was in the shower she stared yelling that she was cold from the air conditioner. That meant that by the time I got out, both kids were up and yelling! All before 6. What a way to start the morning. We tried taking away Mirielle's naps so that she wouldn't wake up so early, but she still wakes up early and then is just groucy during the day. What's a mom supposed to do?

No comments: