Thursday, June 08, 2006

Friday

Ahh... It seems like today will be one of those quiet days. The kids were up late so I had a few minutes to myself this morning before they were up. It makes such a difference - just a few minutes with no one around.

We were out late last night. I went to the doctor's office at 5 and ended up waiting for over and hour and a half. For some reason the secretary decided to keep putting me at the end of the waiting list. I was so mad by the time that I finally got in that Mirielle noticed that I had broken out in my mad/nervous neck rash. Mirielle kept asking me, "Whats wrong with you Mom?" It was a good reminder to take a deep breath and chill out. So after meeting with the doctor for 5 minutes it was already almost 7 by the time I got out of the office.

When I was sitting in the waiting room, I sat next to a man who struck up a conversation with me. He was telling me that he has a friend, apparently a Filipino woman, that is living in California. I guess she is in the process of getting a divorce and when her divorce is final he is planning on going and visiting her. He asked me about 20 different times how long it takes to finalize a divorce in the States. Like I know! You just never know what kind of questions you're going to get thrown at you becuase you are white.

After the doctor's office we had dinner with another missionary couple who has been here in the Philippines for almost 30 years. That in and of itself impresses the heck out of me! It was a nice time getting to know them. We had a great dinner with them but ended up getting home late for the kids.

Which has produced for me a quiet day. Maybe I'll keep them up late more often! Mirielle is playing with some dolls on the floor of the office. Kellan is taking a nap. And I get a chance to write. I usually like to have music on, but today is so peaceful (and not especially hot yet!) that I am just enjoying a moment of quiet. What a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm not sure if I should respond to this blog or the other one, but this one seemed so sweet. I'm really interested in seeing what the Lord has for you in the Phillipines! My sister is a missionary in Panama and I am headed out with the Peace Corps in August. I know that the Lord will bless you for all the work that you and your family are doing!!!! You have a beautiful family!