Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Little Man and a side note

There is a new little man around town. My dear friend Stacey gave birth to this beautiful boy just over a month ago. She willingly agreed to let me snap a few photos of him, which is a good thing because I would have found a way to get some pictures of him, even if I had to bust their door down. And that might have damaged my camera. I have been waiting a long time to get some pictures of a newborn!


Look at these folds - I could just melt! And he isn't even my kid!!





It is so fun having a friend with a newborn - I kinda get to play aunt. The day of his birth was so emotional for me. I think I finally figured out why.


First, we have never been somewhere long enough for me to go through the whole entire pregnancy process with a friend. From finding out that she was pregnant to getting the text that he had arrived in the world, I was along for the ride. It was just emotional being able to feel connected in that way.


Second, it somehow dredged up feelings of sadness and disappointment that I would never be the mom of a newborn again. After feeling like both Mirielle and Kellan just about tried to kill me before they were even born and then having a c-section with Kellan and a hard recovery, we decided to stop. Thinking that we were going to be overseas for years, my intention (I was still working on Jas) was to adopt. I really wanted one of these for my own. Break my heart alreay!!I never really thought that Kellan would be my last - just the last one to come out of my body.
Now that we are back in the States, it seems like the possibility of adopting is mostly an impossibility. Sniff, sniff....

Jason was working from home that day and the poor guy kept watching me pace the halls and crying my eyes out. He just didn't get it. I guess you would have to be a mom to get it.

6 comments:

Shilo said...

Those pictures are so precious. I wish I would have had you take some of Samuel!
Praying for comfort for your mother's heart tonight!

Margo said...

Hi Jen,
I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope that God opens up some doors for you to fill your heart's desires!
Those pictures are so great! You are becoming so talented!
Love,
Margo

The Smith Family said...

Those pics are so beautiful! You really have a talent! I'm sorry to hear that you were sad. I'll pray that the newborn void will be filled with something wonderful!

MBM said...

How I love you so.

Kate said...

Those pictures are amazing. I totally get what you are feeling. Hang in there and maybe adoption will still be in your future.

Ben and Suzy said...

Hey, LOVE the picture of the newborn in the parent's hand. That's my favorite.