Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Daily December: Day 7



I love love love snowflakes and right now they are all over my house. Funny story: I remember going skiing in Salt Lake when I was dating Jason. It was cold and it was snowing, but I remember stopping in my tracks to look at the snowflakes on my jacket. I guess growing up in AZ, I had seen snow, but hadn't ever been snowed on. I couldn't believe that real snowflakes were just like the cut out ones - each one detailed and different. I'm pretty sure that Jason thought I was nuts when I told him I couldn't believe how amazed I was to see real snowflakes!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I must say, from one photographer to another...I LOVE looking at your photos! How did you do this one? Did you shut your flash off again? Or did you have a special filter? I'd love to know your secret with this pic!
~Kristen

Sara Weber said...

With your love of snowflakes and photography, you need to read the book, Snowflake Bentley.

Jen said...

Kristen,
I was playing with my ISO for this picture. This was with an ISO of 800 and a slower shutter speed. I had to prop the camera on the TV cabinet so that the picture didn't blur. No flash and no filter!
Thanks!
Jen